A Light Electric Vehicle becomes a safe long-term investment.
Better and safer products
- EnergyBus connectors are designed to meet the requirements for light electric vehicles (LEV): They are easy and safe to use, water-resistant and stay tight and in place whether riding on the street or off-road.
- EnergyBus connectors only fit LEVs; they cannot mistakenly be mixed up with other connectors in the household.
- Safety is guaranteed because there is no voltage on the power contacts until the system verifies compatibility through communication.
- Electric LEV components can be exchanged; neither danger nor damage can occur.
- Longer product life since the connectors do not plug in hot
- More functions and applications can be given to the basic product by combining different Energybus devices.
- Additional components can easily be connected to the vehicle. They provide additional functions. Examples: An additional battery can extend the range. The user interface can combine information such as energy consumption, topgraphic GPS data, and riding pattern to calculate the remaining battery capacity more precisely.
- Bigger market – more products for specific needs - bigger choice for the customer.
Better after sales service
- After sales service will be better, faster, and cheaper thanks to an EnergyBus device that easily detects faulty components.
- Cases of battery warranty can easily be determined with such detection tool.
Spare parts will always be available
- After years of usage customers can still get compatible components to replace the original parts, which may not be available anymore (backward compatible).
- All connectors of EnergyBus components fit together directly, or by an adapter.
Pay by use in public systems will be possible
- EnergyBus is the basis for public systems such as LEV rental or leasing schemes, battery exchange stations and more. They can operate on automatic user authorization.
Such systems will provide simple pay by use solutions that are easy to use for the customer (as we know it from the cell phone today).
- Lower purchase price of the vehicle because the customer only buys the vehicle, not the battery and the charger. Batteries can be used and charged through leasing contracts at public battery stations.
- No worries about damaged batteries or range anymore.
EnergyBus e.V. is a joint effort to specify a set of connectors and communication standard for light electric vehicles. Every company from the industry is welcome to join and take part in this mission.