Find answers to frequently asked questions
Where can I buy EnergyBus compatible products?
There are no such products on the market yet. EnergyBus is still under development. Some EnergyBus Members already switch to a CAN based protocol to prepare for the later adoption of EnergyBus components. The latest BionX system of EPS is one example. Please check the member websites for their products.
Why not standardize the voltage?
- The market today applies different voltages for different applications.
- A standardized voltage would limit the applications of EnergyBus.
We don't know what is the best voltage for the future.
- Even if the voltage would be fixed, charging and discharging would demand for different voltages as different battery chemistries do. Therefore a negotiation for a small possible range would be needed anyhow.
Why communication AND energy transmission in one connector?
- The combination is necessary in order to use the full potential of electric components and get some information about the current status and history of single components, the battery for instance. For this purpose, communication between the components involved is necessary, meaning, a Bus system.
- Voltage compatibility of components needs to be checked. The best solution for this is communication.
- If you have communication AND energy transmission through two different connectors, more space will be necessary, the failure rate will be higher und the safety lower.